Countdown to Ross Nolan Miller

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Biggest Blessing.

I know I totally fell off the face of the earth after our first visit, BUT I am back! I know that all 2 of you are excited! Whoop whoop!

I am currently 6 months pregnant!!! My last post I was 8 weeks. I am now 24. That is so nuts to me. A lot has happened in the past 3 months of my life. To make a long story short, Josh and I are no longer at Golden Springs Baptist. It is has not been a fun or easy few months, but we are surviving nonetheless. We are now living in Heflin (where I teach) in the cutest little white house. I LOVEE it!! It so small, but it is just what Josh and I need. Because Josh lost his job, most would say "but, you are PREGNANT!!! What are you going to do?!" Now, I will not lie. This was my first response as well; however, it never seems to fail that Jesus has the perfect plan. This little baby has been my BIGGEST BLESSING of all! If it were not for my pregnancy and the baby, I would have lost my mind by this point. It has given me purpose and drive. Jesus is really using this to keep my motivated and to make the trials we are going through seem so trivial.

Speaking of my biggest blessing of all, HE is doing so wonderful! Most of you probably know by now that Baby Miller has a penis!! Yes... he is very proud and we have no doubts. If for some reason down the line, we find out that "he" is a "she" I will be asking what it is that is growing between the legs of my little girl! And yes, he has a name..... ROSS NOLAN MILLER. I am so in love already. He has been wiggling since I was about 16 weeks. It started out with flutters, went to flips, and now he is doing karate chops. It is so fun to feel all of his little (and big) movements. His heart rate has also stayed steady between 150-155. It never gets old hearing his little heartbeat.

All of my visits have been pretty uneventful. The latest visit was my 24 weeks check-up and glucose test. At my visit I learned a few things:

1. Ross does not like to have anyone mess with him. He always kicks the doppler when the Dr. tries to hear his heart beat.
2. I am retaining extra fluid in my arms....
3. Because of this, I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome (the preggo version, that is supposed to go away after pregnancy)
4. The glucose drink that everyone says is not "that bad" really is "that bad" yuck!
5. I HATE having to take a number anywhere! It is terrible.
6. My belly button is beginning to see the light.

I am currently working on Ross's room. I will post some pics once we start making progress. Other than that, Fall Break is HERE!!! We are headed to Starkville to visit the Pugh Family, and then onto Forest for my first baby shower. I will post pics when we return!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment